Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A few Neptune day pics

Look below, there is another new entry below this one with Morocco pictures.  

I described Neptune Day already (see below), but I thought I would post a few more pictures.  Neptune Day was between Morocco and Namibia and is a celebration of crossing the equator.  Shaving your head is part of the tradition, and in case you missed it... I did it!

First I had to get a (very uneven) super short haircut, and then they went at my head with two sets of clipper at once.  


This is one of my neighbors and I after we both shaved our heads.  11 girls total shaved their heads that day.


This was also on Neptune day during a cookout in the evening.  These are two of the kids that are on the ship, Abi and Barrett.  Overall, there are about 15 kids ranging from 10 months to 17 years old.  Abi is 3 and Barrett is 2.  My friends were eating dinner on deck 6 and they were up on deck 7 being lions.  This is mid-roar and Barrett reminds me so much of Cameron right here that I had to post it.  He is full of energy and actually wears a leash all the time around the ship.  It is this little monkey backpack that they put on him that has a tail as a leash coming out the back.  He definitely needs it. 






No comments: